I know what you're saying....

just what the world needs ~ another Red Sox blog...LOL!
Well - Welcome to the Lady in Red Blog anyway ... feel free to talk with me about my team, The Boston Red Sox.. or anything else you care to talk about!


Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back To Back and Back Again

That Game 2 last night was seriously annoying and makes one uneasy-queasy. I had very good feelings about it - again, watching Manny do what he does so well while laying in bed and the two of us high fiving and clapping -- well, Manny just makes me happy. My husband then said "okay now, how about back to back?!" when our dear Mike Lowell came up and how sweet of him to oblige us! He is great and I am ticked off the Sox haven't signed him up right away, though I think they will. I sure hope so, but who knows what these guys may do any given year.

Although I am glad they didn't sign Schilling (yet).

But thankfully, I fell asleep before apparently Gagne came in. I had taken a Tylenol PM earlier, as I am now at a point where I am seemingly so in touch with my body that I can feel something start up in my gut that says 'hello, it is going to be very difficult to fall asleep tonight, let alone stay asleep, luv". I wouldn't know how to begin to describe this feeling, but have now experienced it enough to recognize it when it comes. It's like -- third gear.. at 11 pm. It's like "restless leg syndrome" - bodywide. Not good.

During Gagne's (current) meltdown, I guess Theo was madly texting somebody in the stands and today some people were speculating what it was -- this was my take on it..
I think it's fairly obvious. LOL!

Anyway, I do recall rousing my right eye open and rolling over to see Lopez with an uncertain look on his face, rubbing the ball.. it didn't give me a positive feeling. I still haven't watched the so-called highlights and I always watch sports shows. It's the only thing I watch for the most part when it comes to tv.

Anyway -- enough about that. Game 1 was marvelous, wonderful, of course. 10 times up, 10 times on base for Papi and Manny, that is a good sign. Josh Beckett was great.

Let me just add in here how wonderful it is the Yankees failed again. It makes everyone I know so darn happy. That is how
it should be, that's all I'll say. They are not allowed to, and never will, win it all with Johnny Damon on their team. That isn't going to happen.

I love it -- he wanted to be on the 'best team'. Wrong again, bud, you WERE on the best team but your greed got in the way, well we all know that anyway. Will Torre come back? Who cares - he does, he doesn't.. I don't think things will change that much in there. They will try and get better pitching this offseason, and they'll try to get Mike Lowell (and probably will) and then I'll unfortunately have to work on his game too. Tut tut.

It's not often that I can say "Wow, that was great tv!" but the Indians/Yankees series was that. The bug thing was amazing! So nice to see that Arod still has a mental block over the "P" word. (postseason) and nice to see that the Yankee captain ain't actually up to his hype - as sometimes suggested. I really doubt his leadership skills are worthy of a captain title, but.. as a Yank fan says "he leads by example, he doesn't have to say anything." That may be true. Well, I know it's true, it's just.. is it enough. Hey, I don't care. lol

Anyway, I guess I have to go back to work. I have the floor today and no one is coming in - it's boring, but... thought I'd check back in here during lunch.

Go Sox. You have to win some in Cleveland now. Matsusaka HAS to be FOCUSED and TOUGH now. Wakefield? God, I just hope he can be fairly tricky or we are screwed.

Josh Beckett cannot pitch every night, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home