I know what you're saying....

just what the world needs ~ another Red Sox blog...LOL!
Well - Welcome to the Lady in Red Blog anyway ... feel free to talk with me about my team, The Boston Red Sox.. or anything else you care to talk about!


Sunday, August 26, 2007

Can You Feel It?

Momentum.

It's steaming through the latter half of the 2007 baseball season. I haven't been here much - I talk so much on some other forums, that I don't have the interest to keep talking about it here on a daily basis.

But just let me say that my Sox are really heating up lately. It is very encouraging to see Big Papi arise from his slumber and start hitting the way we all knew he would. Red Sox Nation was the epitome of patience ~ just KNOWING. KNOWING that Papi and Manny were going to come into their own at some point. Better now than earlier. Better now - heading into the end of the season.

Better in the (hopefully) playoffs than in meaningless games. You can tell I am a lifer here -- I will not jinx things if I can help it. I never say 'such and such is a sure thing' because if there is anything I know as a Sox fan, "there is no such thing as a sure thing."

Thank God we built up such a great lead in the beginning of the season. It's been sort of exciting/scary/hand wringing to watch the Yankees come back and hover around. Right now they are 6.5 games back and it is near the end of August...

By no means is it over. We play them three games this week coming up. But I feel good about my team right now. I read a lot of mfyfs gloating still about sweeping us last year, but last year was different. Our pitching staff was, while 'decimated' is too strong, it was greatly impacted by injuries.. and just as importantly, our Captain, Jason Varitek was injured and OUT.

This is not the case this year - and I feel the strenghth of the Red Sox is going to overcome the Yankees' dreams of domination. It is just not going to happen. I just want to take 2 of 3... and I will be happy.

Let's see if Joe Torre puts Johnny Damon in these games, since he had a good game last year... PRESSHHAAAAH, Johnny.. PRESSHHAH


Anyway -- Two Important Things The Lady In Red wants to make clear:



1. DUSTIN PEDROIA FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!


and




2. SIGN MIKE LOWELL NOW.

2 Comments:

At September 23, 2007 at 10:59 AM , Blogger goodwithdiamonds said...

Sign Mike Lowell now. Because he wants a :X

 
At September 25, 2007 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Ruthie said...

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home