I know what you're saying....

just what the world needs ~ another Red Sox blog...LOL!
Well - Welcome to the Lady in Red Blog anyway ... feel free to talk with me about my team, The Boston Red Sox.. or anything else you care to talk about!


Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Of Curt and Clemens and the Cruisin' Red Sox

Sorry I haven't been writing -- been so busy! Graduation is coming up and a graduation parTAY... and.. all the college stuff and.. classes.. and... baseball games! Double header today! No, I'm talking about my son's team. LOL -- at least six games this week (due to earlier rainouts) and they are trying to schedule one or two more. CRAZY -- but, it's fun because my son's team is undefeated. In fact, out of like 9 games or so, they have only had two that didn't end with the ten run rule after the 5th. The game yesterday was good -- much more competitive. First time they had to come back from behind, so.. that was good.

But what about our Sox? They're doing good. I am very, VERY happy with Josh Beckett this year. I think he really decided to get his head screwed on tighter after last year.. thank God. Everybody really, REALLY seems to be GeLLin' now. lol

Tek is hitting really well -- Coco's coming around... Wily Mo still cannot field for the life of him. *eyeroll* -- but, we'll take the occasional grand slam I guess. :)

Just wait'll Papi and Manny get totally into their flows -- this could be one very happy and exciting summer.

Let's talk a moment about two pitchers: First, I'll start with Curt Schilling. Curt -- honestly, I think I may be the last member of RSN to say this, but could you PUHLEEZE just shut up? First of all -- why are you validating those morons over at WEEI??? WHY do you go on there? Just ego? Come on -- most intelligent Red Sox fans don't even LISTEN to them. (Yes, that includes me - no, I do not listen to them, but yes, I do know what they are about) The fact is, Curt: EVERYONE knows about Barry Bonds. HARDLY ANYONE LIKES or RESPECTS Barry Bonds (although the media is really, REALLY working hard now to change that -- the negative perception that they helped to create) --- we don't need you filling us in on stuff that is just going to get YOU noticed. PLEASE. WE DO NOT NEED ANY DRAMA COMING FROM YOU DURING BASEBALL SEASON. Garble all you want in the off season -- but please refrain from bringing down any negative publicity on my team. Because, like I said, they are trying to resurrect Barry's image prior to his record breaking... thing.. (I refuse to use the word 'achievement') -- and if they can turn their negativity and lay it on YOU (and hence, the Red Sox), they will. I will be some pissed if you allow that to happen just so you can spout.

Roger Clemens: Just let me say here, that I never wanted Roger Clemens to come here, unless it was fairly reasonably cheap and then ONLY to keep him from going to the Yankees. I'm really not afraid of him. So: Tom Caron? You can stop saying things like "To the great disappointment of Red Sox Nation, Clemens is a Yankee" -- really, "great disappointment" is hardly what I'd call it. How about "to the great non-surprise of RSN.." (at least this member) -- I think it was totally OBVIOUS that he was going to go to the Yankees. They were the only ones who were going to totally break the bank which is the only thing he can come back for. Because he can "SAY" he wants to win a championship for his last thing -- obviously didn't feel the Astros could do that - obviously found out the Sox didn't need him enough to offer him anything (but I am sure they drove up the price! -- just refused to give him his 'free Roger time' -- you don't have to travel or show up when you don't pitch, actually it was the perfect atmosphere to ramp up the price, but leave out the perks...) -- and .. he can dream, but the Yankees aren't going to give him that championship either. I truly feel that (again). So... hey, might as well as make as much ridiculous money as possible off of Steinbrenner! Laughable.

Roger: I will wager you won't even make all of your starts. So there. You will go down in baseball history as the biggest sports bust... just under Ryan Leaf. ;)

Believe it.



Check this out from the April 23 game:


That is some good, good stuff there. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home